Online and Blended Learning Certificate
Monday, October 12, 2020 - Friday, March 05, 2021
08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Krause Center for Innovation
The Certificate of Achievement in Online and Blended Instruction is designed for students working in or planning for a career in online human resource training and development or education; in-service and pre-service teachers; educators at any level; and those working as trainers for any market sector. The program provides 15 units of instruction and support during the Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 quarters for developing online courses in learning management systems, designing and assessing meaningful learning objectives, monitoring student progress and engagement, building virtual communities that embrace diversity, designing learning materials that are accessible to diverse audiences, developing activities to promote engagement, and creating interactive multimedia to support learning. Upon completion of the program, students will earn a California State Certification and will be prepared to develop and successfully facilitate courses, workshops, and trainings in an online or blended environment.
The program outcomes include:
- Demonstrating professional responsibilities in keeping with the best practices of online instruction.
- Supporting learning and facilitating presence (teacher, social, and learner) with digital pedagogy.
- Guiding interactions and collaboration to build a supportive online community that fosters active learning.
- Promoting learner success through a strong foundation of communication and learner engagement strategies.
- Modeling, guiding, and encouraging legal, ethical, and safe behavior related to technology use.
- Personalizing instruction based on the learner’s diverse academic, social, and emotional needs.
- Creating and/or implementing assessments in online learning environments in ways that ensure the validity and reliability of the instruments and procedures.
- Measuring learner progress through assessments, projects, and assignments that meet standards-based learning goals, and evaluating learner understanding of how these assessments measure achievement of the learning objectives.
- Curating and creating instructional materials, tools, strategies, and resources to engage all learners and ensure achievement of academic goals.
Space is limited in this high-demand program, so please reserve your spot soon!
**Please note that tickets are limited to California residents who have been continuously residing in the state for at least two years. Non-residents should contact email@example.com to discuss alternative methods for reserving a space in the program.
Foothill College and KCI Equity Statement: Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining a democratic and just society, we commit to the work of equity, which is to dismantle oppressive systems (structural, cultural, and individual) and create a college community where success is not predictable by race.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details